Monday 15 April 2013

That Wifey thing and other Randomness

Hello! I hope it becomes apparent as you read this that I am not NoMoshing. If it doesn’t well…shit. I am Mrs. NoMoshing though online I tend to go by the handle Nekochan. (very original, I know.)

Because NoMoshing hates you has an exam to prepare for, he made the monumentally stupid decision to allow me to make a weekly blog update in his place with next to no direction. I mean he told me to keep it videogamey, but I mean I could just rant about symbolism in Persona for several paragraphs and call it a day. *sigh* I suppose I should behave though, or I’ll just get put in the box again.

A disclaimer: The first hentai game I have played is Harem Collector. While NoMoshing has loved them as long as we’ve been together, I haven’t really taken to them. However, I am slowly becoming a fan of dating sims. Persona got me hooked on Social Links and I could spend the whole day diving into Reyvateils in Ar Tonelico. (side note: I spelt Reyvateil correctly on the first try ^_^)

A second disclaimer: While NoMoshing may bounce the occasional mechanic idea off me, he never discusses plot. If I spoil something about the plot that has yet to be released, it was precognition, not foreknowledge.

Something I’m curious about – how many people are renaming Ferdinand? When I stumbled upon the game, I started calling him Dumbass. Mostly because I found it funny. I keep doing it because it continues to bother NoMoshing. At the very least it’s a quick way for NoMoshing to tell which save files are mine.

This renaming habit actually lead to a permanent default name change. For those that have done the Blacksmith quest line know that you get a new party member whose name you can pick – Doll. Originally NoMoshing wanted Dumbass to call her Slut as the default option. While I don’t mind calling sluts as I see them, Doll didn’t strike me as one, and given the bit of personality info I had to work with at the time, I picked Doll instead. When NoMoshing saw it, he ended up making Doll the new default.

Other habits I have with things – character themes. I love to pick songs I associate with the character. I do it all the time with my RP characters (yes NoMoshing and I are tabletop nerds). So without further ado, songs I have picked so far for Harem Collector!

Alina: Garbage – I hate love (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOcVhBu0YjE)
Meline: Imogen Heap – Sweet Religion (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYpupIFgtSw)
Therese: Florence and the Machine – Seven Devils (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJNnZy9yTJ0)
Doll: Marina and the Diamonds – Valley of the Dolls (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOpoJna72dc)
Elaiya: honeyhoney – Little Toy Gun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3YmaADISlo)

I haven’t picked one for Dumbass, though I’m kinda tempted to say Fuck Machine by Mindless Self Indulgence (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khBLA4zTOy8) and call it a day. No one cares about him anyways, he’s just a vehicle to pick up chicks.

Anyone check out the graveyard in the Eroge? Wondering who the hell those people are? They are all characters who died in games NoMoshing has run/played in. Two of them are my characters he got killed! *sniff*

Anyway to end this, to the first people who responded to him and to those who continue to send emails, leave comments or just lurk and think positive thoughts, thank you.

12 comments:

  1. "Anyone check out the graveyard in the Eroge? Wondering who the hell those people are? They are all characters who died in games NoMoshing has run/played in. Two of them are my characters he got killed! *sniff*"
    wat.
    "just rant about symbolism in Persona for several paragraphs and call it a day."
    That'd be perfectly fine.
    You could also discuss about how penguins are superior in every way.

    Completely unrelated, people tend to use 3DCG more often, so it may:
    a) Be easier to find mods that fit the char you're making a scene for, NoMoshing.
    b) Have people that can help you out with making mods for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wat?

      I'm not really an authority on penguins...dood.

      Delete
    2. Dood...
      I'd say you know enough about pri- penguins to be an authority on them.

      Delete
  2. Mrs. NoMoshing please do all the updates!

    Keep your husband chained to the computer when not needed for other stuff like a good little boy should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you understand the dynamics of my relationship with NoMoshing. I get put in the box when I misbehave ^_~

      Delete
  3. mmm oh i understand was just having a little joke... thou it does not mean i wont track him down and make him kiss my leather boots if he fails at something... lol. What floats your boat is good for you. Do make sure he passes the exam thou... I will be very dissapointed if my Favorite game gets put on hold because he needs a tutor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well damn, I didn't think anyone knew of Marina & The Diamonds and Florence & The Machine.
    Maybe Anya Marina will be next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're waaay ahead of you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro7wa3jG2E8

      Delete
  6. Ah, Ms. NoMoshing, you seem to be a good influence on your husband. First Amelia/Meline, and now Doll's name. Please keep it up and continue to be a wonderful influence.

    It's fantastic to see a married couple that's comfortable with adult games and their development. You two work well together. Please keep up the good work, both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^_^

      I'll be honest, it wasn't an immediate thing. Early on in the relationship when I found out he played hentai games/dating sims I had a bad knee-jerk reaction to it.

      It was actually No Moshing getting me into tabletop role playing games that got my opinion to change on the matter, if that makes any sense.

      Delete
    2. That's quite understandable, of course. What's important is that you had an open mind and ended up being supportive, and that's good for everyone.

      Delete